Every homeowner should know where to call when a problem arises involving one of the various utilities that serve our homes.  The answer depends on which utility is in question and who provides that particular service to you.

In general, the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) regulates public companies offering electric, natural gas or telecommunications services in Georgia, and you can contact the PSC for more information or to file a complaint.   However, first be aware that their jurisdiction does not extend to Electric Membership Cooperatives (EMCs) or city-owned gas or electric companies; nor is the PSC responsible for cellular phones, out-of-state long-distance service, cable or satellite services, water and sewer service, or propane and butane gas service.  For disputes of this nature, contact your local service provider.

For more information, please see also: